From late March through early May, Excel is excited to offer a mini session of training to our triathlete swimmers. Taking place at the College of Saint Rose in Albany, each practice will have strict safety protocol, limited practice sizes, and specific entry/exit directions to promote social distancing and safety.
Our Spring 2021 triathlon swim training practices will be a blend of technical and physical training, with the goal of safely helping build our swimmers up towards the Summer months. Practices shall be 50 minutes in length, (allowing for transition between practices), limited to 8 swimmers (2 swimmers per lane, with 1 on each end), and 1-2 coaches on deck.
Additionally, we will be offering both session based training, along with drop ins each week. If the full session does not work for your schedule, please register for the drop in classes that do.
For our Spring 2021 training, Excel Aquatics takes safety VERY SERIOUSLY. Please click the link below to view our detailed safety protocol for all of our triathlon swim practices.
- Swimmers must enter through the appropriate SIDE ENTRANCE LOADING DOCK of the athletic building
- Swimmers will be allowed in 10 minutes prior to the start time of practice. NO SWIMMERS are allowed in prior to this time
- You must be on time; due to state regulations on classes/protocol, anyone who is late will not be allowed in after the start time of practice.
- Come with your suit on, leave with your suit on. We will not have access to locker rooms. Bathroom use is only in an emergency.
- Only participating swimmers are allowed to attend practice. No guests or spectators are allowed.
- Masks must be worn at all times except for when swimmers are in the pool training.
- At the conclusion of practice, swimmers must quickly leave the premise so that the staff can sanitize in preparation for the next group.
- Any last minute schedule changes due to changes in county/state, or Saint Rose regulations will be sent out immediately, so please check your email each day before attending practice.
- Please respect the coaches and staff who must ensure protocol is followed. If you have an issue with the regulations, please do not register for our classes. In order for us to offer practices, we must follow the appropriate protocol.
Registrations & Payment
Registrations must be completed online (on this page), and prior to the start each practice. Because we are capping our practices to a strict 8 swimmers, no walk ins will be allowed! You MUST register online in order to attend a practice. For payments, we will process payments at the conclusion of the session for our session based registrants, and practices for our drop in registrants. As our practice schedule has the potential to change due to COVID related circumstances, we feel that ‘post swim’ payment processing is the most effective way to handle payments for this break.