This overview is a summary of the safety standards and programming procedures that Excel Aquatics is implementing for our Triathlon Swim Training. These will focus around the use of PPE, social distancing, disinfecting and other preventative measures as recommended by NYS and the CDC. It is subject to change based on updated information and recommendations from local, state, and federal authorities.
1. Swimmer arrival
a. Face coverings mandatory at all times when not in water
b. Swimmers must have suits on prior to entry
c. Entrance and exit will be strictly from the loading dock
d. Doors will open 10 minutes prior to the start of practice
e. Swimmers will be asked to wait in their cars prior to 10 minutes before the doors
open to avoid congregating
2. Entry to check in
a. Swimmers enter one at a time checked in by a coach. All must maintain social
b. Athletes will answer the following questions upon arrival
i. Are you experiencing any COVID symptoms, including, cough, fever, or
ii. Are you taking any fever reducing medications?
iv. If athlete answers ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, they will not be
allowed to enter the facility
c. Swimmer then assigned a lane and side by the coach, with a designated bin drop
3. Head to drop off station
a. Swimmers proceed to assigned station, keep masks on and place bags and
belongings in bin
4. Start of practice
a. Once signaled by the coaching staff, swimmers may take their face coverings off
and move towards their designated lane space and enter the water
b. At the start of practice, the dock doors will be locked and no one may enter the
5. End of practice
Excel Aquatics Facility Procedures and COVID Response
a. Swimmers will be instructed to exit the pool and head back to their designated
bin, where they will dry off, put their clothes/face coverings back on, and exit the
premises via the loading dock
b. Social distancing must be maintained and enforced as swimmers leave the
c. Coaching staff will disinfect bins and any high traffic areas (pool ladders, door
● Facility restrooms/locker rooms are off limits and will only be used in an emergency.
● Athletes will enter/exit the facility with appropriate facial coverings. Coaching staff will
enter, coach, and exit facility with appropriate face coverings
● Athletes will only be allowed to enter 10 minutes prior to the start of the scheduled
practice time. At the start of practice, the dock doors will be locked, and no one else may
enter the facility. NO EXCEPTIONS.
● For adult swimmers, no guests/spectators allowed
● No congregating before or after practice. This includes in the facility and in the parking
● Athletes must arrive already in their suits, and leave in their suits.
● No shared training equipment; at this time athletes are not permitted to bring equipment
bags with them. Only suit, swim goggles, caps will be used for practices.
● Any swimmer feeling ill during practice will be sent home
● Any schedule changes/news that come as a result of changes in state/county regulations, Saint Rose regulations, or a potential exposure will be sent out immediately via email, so please check your email daily prior to coming to practice.
● Excel Aquatics’ liaison is Program Director Kevin Kearney. Kevin can be reached at
● Staff and athletes must self report to the COVID liaison if they either test positive or were
exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 10 days
● The COVID liaison will notify local health authorities of positive cases. The liaison will
also notify staff, athletes, and facilities of potential exposures while maintaining
confidentiality in accordance with local and state laws.
The safety of both the staff and families is the highest priority, so please be patient, kind, and understanding as we navigate through this new phase of learning!